The Town Hall is situated between Third and Second Street, on the west side of Main. Built in 1887, it was once the last buildings constructed by the Society of Separatists.
The Society barbershop was housed in this building and the Zoar band practiced here and gave concerts from the second story porch roof. This historic structure was once the hub of community life. It has served as Zoar's post office and fire department, the Saturday night dance hall and even the jail.
The Town Hall has been restored by the Zoar Community Association and currently home to two museums - The Ohio & Erie Canal Museum on the main floor and upper floor contains the collections of artifacts from the Society.
The basement level is the chambers for the village government and ZCA meetings.